Grants

Grants

The Alumni Small Grants program is jointly administered by the U.S. Embassy and the Pakistan-U.S. Alumni Network (PUAN).  In the previous grant cycle (2013 – 2016), PUAN awarded 150 grants for projects of up to US $5000 to alumni across Pakistan.  These projects helped increase mutual understanding, community engagement, and invested in people by funding programs that support improving educational opportunities.

Applications are open for PUAN Alumni Small Grants (2017 – 2019)

  1. All registered and verified exchange alumni in Pakistan are eligible to apply for the grant.
  2. Applicants will submit 60-second videos explaining their project along with the application form. Click ­here for more details.
  3. The maximum funding available is US$10,000 (equivalent in local currency at the prevailing exchange rate). PUAN reserves the right to award a grant at a higher amount in limited circumstances.
  4. Please ensure that your application packet (forms, cvs, video) does not exceed 5MB in size.
  5. In case of incomplete application, the application will be sent back for consideration in the next grants cycle.
  6. The maximum duration for each project is four (4) months from the date of signing the Grant Award Document (GAD).
  7. Funding will be released in two installments; 80% after signing of GAD and submission of Project Inception Report, and remaining 20% after submission of all project completion reports.
  8. In case, any member is found resorting to fraudulent or coercive practices, their membership from the network will be suspended and due legal action will be taken.
  9. All project applications will be accepted bi-monthly and must be emailed to asg@usefpakistan.org. The submission deadlines for next three application cycles are as follows:

    January 29th, 2017

    March 19th, 2017
    May 21st, 2017

Kindly note that the review process takes up to four to six weeks following the submission deadline.  Please schedule your project activities accordingly.

Funding is available for projects that:

Support and develop new Pakistani voices and leaders;
Provide educational or economic opportunities for Pakistani youth and the general public;
Create opportunities for engagement between the people of Pakistan and regional neighbors;
Advance the public good and promote community service in Pakistan;
Increase understanding about the United States and the American people, or strengthen mutual understanding between the United States and Pakistan.

Grant Application Documents (Click to download)

ASG Form 2017

ASG CV Template

FAQs – 2017